- Free & Low Cost Internet Providers
- Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions
- Parent Resource Guide for Online Learning At Home
- First Book Marketplace Free Resources
- Open eBooks App
- Queens Public Library Blog
Dear PS/IS 102Q Families,
PS/ IS 102Q is here to provide continued support as our community forges ahead together through uncharted waters. Now more than ever, it is of vital importance that we ensure that our students continue to learn and receive the same supports — albeit remotely. At PS/IS 102 we have the utmost care and concern for our students and families, and we want everyone to feel our full support and have the tools you need to ensure continuous learning.
Through Google classroom and Advisory classes we will be providing support around developing self-confidence in students’ ability to succeed, helping them demonstrate effective coping skills when faced with a problem, helping them with the ability to manage transition and adapt to changing situations and responsibilities, and help them develop social maturity and behaviors appropriate to the situation and environment.
For some immediate relaxation, use this guided meditation video.
To help younger children understand what’s going on: Brain Pop Video: Coronavirus
Please reach out to us for anything you need or if you just want to talk.
- Mrs. Babakitis – email@example.com
- Ms. Rivera - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Ferrari – email@example.com
- Mrs. Wright – firstname.lastname@example.org
K-5 Literacy Corner
- Spanish Children’s Stories
- The Hidden Worlds of the National Parks
- Over 30 Virtual Field Trips with Links
- 10 Benefits of Reading Everyday
- List of Books by Reading Level
- Free Books on Overdrive
- Cloud Library
- Hoopla Library
- Tumble Book Library
- International Children’s Digital Library
- Oxford Owl Free eBook Library
- Storyline Online
- Open Library
- Project Gutenberg Children’s Bookshelf
- Library of Congress Classic Children’s Books
More K – 5 Resources
- Learn at Home Activities K – 5
- STEM at Home Activities
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
- NYC DOE Remote Instruction Resources
- NYC DOE Learn at Home
- NYC DOE Student Accounts
- Food Pantries.org
Text “WELL” to 65173, call 1-888-NYC-WELL (692-9355), or chat now with NYC WELL.
NYC-Well is a confidential mental health information and referral line with access to mobile crisis teams. Staffed by trained social workers 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year.
Interpretation services are offered for 200+ languages.
NYC Well services are provided through ThriveNYC, which is a comprehensive public health approach to mental health in NYC. The program works to shift the culture, remove stigma around mental health, and make help-seeking normal.